“The Future of Living Expo” -powered by the 65th anniversary of Shun Hing Group and the 100th anniversary of Panasonic Corporation Officially opened to public for free admission Experience the smart living in future
To mark the 65th anniversary of Shun Hing Group as well as the
100th anniversary of Panasonic, we are hosting an exhibition "The
Future of Living Expo" at Hall 5G of the Hong Kong Convention and
Exhibition Centre. The opening ceremony was attended by over 400
guests from various sectors including the government, political
community, business community, workers in social welfare as well as
education. This four-day exhibition is open to public, to enhance
their understanding of technologies that will shape our future.
Admission is free of charge. Exhibits are classified into different
zones including "Smarter and Better", "Inspire the Future", and
"Interactive Zone". Not only will visitors witness brilliant
innovation and cutting-edge technology of many products, but will
also get a preview of smart living that will be part and crutial of
our future lifestyle.
Over 400 guests from various fields as mentioned above had attended the ceremony, including Mr Liu Chun-san JP, Under Secretary for Development, Mr Brian David Li, Executive Director and Deputy Chief Executive of The Bank of East Asia, Professor Xiang Zhang, The University of Hong Kong. Mr Nicholas Yang GBS JP, Secretary for Innovation and Technology, had also visited the Expo prior to the ceremony in full demonstration of his support for technology and research in our community. Officiating the opening ceremony were Mr Kuninori Matsuda, Consul General of Consulate-General of Japan in Hong Kong. Mr Peter Shiu, Legislative Council Member, Mr Junichiro Kitagawa, Vice President of Panasonic Corporation Appliances Company, Mr Takashi Ogasawara, President of Panasonic Ecology Systems Co., Ltd., Mr Masayuki Sasage, Director of Kitchen Appliances Business Division, Appliances Company, Panasonic Corporation, Mr David Mong, Chairman & CEO of Shun Hing Group, Mr Terrence Chan, Vice Chairman of Shun Hing Group, Ms Cynthia Mong, Executive Director of Shun Hing Electronic Trading Co., Ltd., Mr Isaac Cheung, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of The Future of Living Expo, and Mr Gary Ng, Co-Chairman of Organizing Committee of The Future of Living Expo.
In his address, Mr David Mong, Chairman & CEO of Shun Hing Group said "The Future of Living Expo is jointly organised by Shun Hing and Panasonic, to celebrate the 65th anniversary of Shun Hing Group and the 100th anniversary of Panasonic. This is a milestone in our history, marking the wonderful cooperation between our two companies since the inception of Shun Hing Group in 1953. Our faultless and production record is definitely an incentive for the two parties to march into the future together as we have always done". Mr Isaac Cheung, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of The Future of Living Expo and Mr Gary Ng, Co-Chairman of Organizing Committee of The Future of Living Expo expressed their wish that while enjoying the exhibits, members of the public can acquire a better understanding of Shun Hing Group and Panasonic as well as information related to innovative technologies, thereby increasing their interest in and knowledge about technological research and development.
"Review the Past and Experience the Future" at Four Exhibition Zones
"The Future of Living Expo" is divided into four exhibition zones namely "The Legacy", "Smarter and Better", "Inspire the Future" and "Interactive Zone". "The Legacy" is a historical review of the collaboration between Shun Hing Group and Panasonic, highlighting important steps in the partnership of the two companies and featuring landmark products like the rice cooker, video recorder and classic monochrome television. The public can also learn about the educational and charitable contributions of Shun Hing Group to Hong Kong, Mainland and overseas countries in respect of the improvement in education and social progress in the communities we have been active in.
"Smarter and Better" zone features cutting edge technologies in the fields of Internet of Things (IoT) and nanoe™. The exhibits are further divided into sections like "Elderly Care", and "Smart Home", showcasing products such as "Resyone Plus" which combines the functions of a wheelchair and care bed; "SASUKE RoboHelper", a robotic dual-arm which offers a transfer aid from "bed-to-wheelchair-to-bed" and "Gesture-Control Mirror", an innovative device that monitors personal health status while offering comprehensive infotainment functions.
Another eye-opener at the Expo is a future cabin called "Future Mobility" at "Inspire the Future". The cabin brings together a wealth of innovative technologies in biometrics, lighting, sensing and communication, and turns the driverless cockpit into a living space for home, business, relaxation and entertainment. Also exhibited in this zone is the "LinkRay", where digital content can be transmitted to smartphones through LED light sources. Apart from these, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong Baptist University and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University have displayed to the public the contributions and achievements of the projects sponsored by Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund in respect of technological research.
Besides the aforementioned, "Gondola 4D Experience" at "Interactive Zone" provides a simulated experience of working at height on a gondola system, bringing out the awareness and needs to observe safety instructions while working in precarious conditions. Members of the public can also enjoy ultra-virtual audio-visual experiences through VR games and projection mapping made by projection technologies and high-tech Panasonic monitors. Also included in this zone is the "SIXPAD STATION", the world's only futuristic EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation)-integrated training gym using advanced technology to achieve full body training for fitness and health.
Experience futuristic technologies
In addition, there will be on site product and cooking demonstrations including "Resyone Plus", Oracle Espresso Machine, and latte art. A cooking competition called "Live Smarter, Cook Better" (住好Hall‧煮好餸) in which students from various local universities are invited to come up with the best dishes using Panasonic cooking devices. The preliminaries have already taken place at student residences of the universities, while the final showdown will take place at 2pm on 10th November (Saturday) at Hall 5G.
From today onwards, members of the public can access /65expo to register with free admission to the Future of Living Expo, get a glimpse of Hong Kong's technological future and accompany Shun Hing Group and Panasonic in our efforts to innovate and anticipate the future of living.
- 2013-03-22 - Shun Hing Group launches Switch on 60 Dreams Campaign to promote social integration
- 2013-01-29 - “Panasonic Sports Scholarship Programme” jointly presented by Sports Federation and Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China and Shun Hing Group
- 2013-03-11 - Shun Hing Group and CUHK Present the Lecture Series in Arts and Humanities Renowned Confucianism Scholar Prof. Tu Weiming Speaks on the Sense of Cultural Identity in the Global Chinese Community
- 2013-03-22 - Shun Hing sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 23rd year
- 2013-11-04 - David Mong honoured UCLA Engineering’s Alumnus of the Year
- 2013-11-08 - Celebrating its Diamond Jubilee, Shun Hing Group grows further by Trust and Thankfulness
- 2013-11-09 - Shun Hing Group 60th Anniversary promotion campaign, "Happy 60!" Lucky Draw was completed successfully
- 2013-10-02 - Shun Hing Group and CUHK Present the Lecture Series in Arts and Humanities Renowned Sculptor Professor Wu Wei Shan to Share the Cultural Perspective on his Sculpture
- 2013-11-09 - 2013 Panasonic Cup Race Day with pineapple bun tasting
- 2013-11-05 - Shun Hing Group and CUHK Present the Lecture Series in Arts and Humanities Renowned Composer Dr. Lam Bun Ching to Share Experience in Creativity
- 2014-01-08 - Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund supports scientific research and donates to the construction of Tsinghua University Mong Man Wai Building of Science and Technology
- 2014-01-10 - Shun Hing Group and CUHK Present the Lecture Series in Arts and Humanities Renowned Picture Book Author Jimmy Liao Spoke on “Creation through illustration; my passion”
- 2014-03-21 - Shun Hing sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 24th consecutive year
- 2014-04-28 - Hong Kong Students Awarded Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund Scholarships to Study Engineering at UCLA
- 2014-05-21 - Naming Ceremony of the Main Building under School of Mechanical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University to honour the late Dr William M W Mong
- 2014-07-19 - Switch on 60 Dreams Closing Ceremony Sharing Joy & Happiness of Dream Realization
- 2014-09-17 - Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund Cash Awards Presentation Ceremony to Hong Kong Meritorious Athletes at the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games
- 2014-10-06 - Shun Hing Group Sponsored Local Musical “The Passage Beyond” in Concert
- 2014-11-03 - Renowned Filmmaker Sylvia Chang Spoke to a Full House on CUHK Campus Today for Shun Hing Lecture in Arts and Humanities
- 2014-11-17 - 2014 Panasonic Cup Race Day with Fresh Vegetables
- 2014-12-09 - Shun Hing Group Celebrates Grand Opening of Living Station by Panasonic
- 2015-02-09 - Inauguration of HKU Shun Hing College - A celebration of the shared values of University education
- 2015-03-09 - Shun Hing sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 25th consecutive year
- 2015-04-14 - Presentation Ceremony of Panasonic Sports Scholarship Programme for Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 2015-05-27 - The Mong Family Foundation supports refurbishment of Sidney House at the University of Cambridge
- 2015-06-22 - 2015 Olympic Day - Olympic Fun Run was concluded successfully!
- 2015-10-26 - Inauguration Ceremony of Mong Man Wai Brain Centre of the Tsinghua University Yuquan Hospital
- 2015-11-16 - Celebrities get together on 2015 Panasonic Cup Race Day
- 2016-01-27 - New Shun Hing Group Building Works Mobilization Cocktail Reception
- 2016-03-31 - Shun Hing sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 26th consecutive year
- 2016-06-24 - 2016 Olympic Day - Olympic Fun Run was concluded successfully!
- 2016-07-07 - The Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund participated in ‘Canstruction® Hong Kong 2016’ for the first time
- 2016-11-16 - 2016 Panasonic Cup Race Day with New Cooking Ideas
- 2016-11-18 - Hong Kong Baptist University Presented the Degree of Doctor of Social Sciences, honoris causa to Mr David Mong
- 2017-03-20 - Shun Hing sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 27th consecutive year
- 2017-10-23 - The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Presented the Degree of Doctor of Business Administration, honoris causa to Mr David Mong
- 2017-11-15 - 2017 Panasonic Cup Race Day with a Lot of Fun
- 2018-01-24 - Let’s Celebrate the Festive Season with More Dishes!
- 2018-03-26 - Shun Hing sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 28th consecutive year
- 2018-04-03 - UCLA receives generous gifts from alumnus David Mong for new Learning Center
- 2018-04-16 - Naming Ceremony of Mong Man Wai Building at School of Journalism & Communication at Peking University to honor the late Dr William M W Mong
- 2018-05-14 - Shun Hing Group joins hands with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ again to present “Joe Hisaishi in Concert”
- 2018-05-21 - University of Hong Kong conferred the Degree of Doctor of Social Sciences, honoris causa to Mr David Mong
- 2018-06-27 - 2018 Olympic Day - Olympic Fun Run was concluded successfully!
- 2018-08-01 - Panasonic 18 Young Athletes Asian Games Tour
- 2018-09-06 - Shun Hing Congratulates Panasonic Sports Scholarship Awardees for Gaining Medals in Asian Games 2018
- 2018-09-21 - Shun Hing Group and CUHK Present the Lecture Series in Medicine Renowned Cardiologist Dr. Victor Joseph Dzau spoke on the Impact of Medical and Technological Breakthroughs
- 2018-10-09 - The Future of Living Expo
- 2018-11-07 - “The Future of Living Expo” -powered by the 65th anniversary of Shun Hing Group and the 100th anniversary of Panasonic Corporation Officially opened to public for free admission Experience the smart living in future
- 2018-11-09 - Shun Hing Group 65th Anniversary Dinner Looking Forward to the Development of the Greater Bay Area
- 2018-11-15 - Panasonic Cup 2018 celebrates ‘Triple Happiness’
- 2019-02-13 - Shun Hing Group 65th Anniversary Proudly Sponsors La Cage aux Folles
- 2019-03-14 - Shun Hing Group sponsors Hong Kong Arts Festival for the 29th consecutive year
- 2019-04-04 - Shun Hing Group 65th Anniversary Staff Dinner A Night filled with Joy & Laughter
- 2019-06-27 - Sharing Happiness and Olympism at 2019 Olympic Day!
- 2019-06-27 - 10 Athletes Awarded Panasonic Sports Scholarship for Preparing Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
- 2019-09-19 - PanaShop becomes the jersey sponsor of Yuen Long Football Team
- 2019-11-13 - Panasonic Cup 2019 filled with Fun and Happiness
- 2020-01-13 - Reiwa 1 Autumn Conferment of Decorations on Foreign Nationals Dr. David Mong, Chairman and CEO of Shun Hing Group Awarded the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon
- 2020-11-18 - Panasonic Cup 2020 A fun-filled day with exciting races
- 2021-04-19 - Panasonic Proudly Sponsors: Good Music This Lunch
- 2021-08-13 - Thank you for the wonderful performances of our Panasonic Sports Scholars at the Tokyo Olympic Games
- 2021-10-20 - Shun Hing Group cares about details
- 2021-11-16 - The 38th Panasonic Cup filled with joy and happiness